and Fraud Examination in Alabama
Forensic accounting in Alabama is a specialization in the field of accounting and involves a wide array of investigative activities to uncover irregularities in business records, banking transactions, financial statements, and tax returns. Forensic audits (fraud examinations) are routinely used to prosecute a party for fraud, embezzlement, or other financial claims (such as business closures or divorces). Upon completion of the audit, the forensic accountant (fraud examiner) provides a written report that can be used as evidence in a court of law. Often, the forensic accountant will be requested to testify in a court as a fact, summary, or expert witness. Our forensic accounting team currently serves all 50 states.
The following are just a few examples of forensic accounting and fraud examinations in which our Alabama team has extensive criminal and civil experience:
• Bank Fraud – investigation involving federally insured financial institutions, such as banks, savings, and loans, or credit unions; typically, embezzlements, false loan applications, and false bank entries.
• Bankruptcy Fraud –investigation of fraudulent filings in the bankruptcy court; fraudulent transfers of assets; failure to file accurate schedules and statements with the bankruptcy court and false statements in bankruptcy proceedings.
• Fraud Against the Government – investigation of cases in which a federal program is defrauded. Cases include false applications for federal benefits, involving Social Security, Housing and Urban Development, Small Business Administration, and the Department of Agriculture.
• Health Care Fraud – investigation of major health care fraud matters involving false billings and other schemes that victimize patients, the Food and Drug Administration, health care providers, private insurers, and government insurers such as Medicare and Medicaid.
• Public Corruption – investigation of government officials and private citizens working with officials who violate the public trust by benefiting personally from official actions or inaction.
• Tax Fraud – investigation involving the preparation or filing of false or fraudulent federal income tax returns and failure to file required returns.
Driftwood Investigations LLC in Daphne, AL is led by one of the most highly-trained and experienced forensic accountants in the region. Her expertise has been highly sought after by large and small companies, individuals, and government agencies for her thoroughness and effectiveness in finding anomalies in records, and then issuing and testifying to the facts of these irregularities. Both her reporting and expert witness testimony have been called some of the best in the industry.